Anyone can write stories set in the open-source universe of the Paradisi Chronicles. Here are some suggestions as to how to do this to make it an enjoyable and easy process:
- Take a look around the website, read the Ground Rules listed below, look at the web pages in Explore the Universe section of the website and read as many of the existing books listed on the website as you can.
- Before starting to write, contact Louisa Locke at mlouisalocke at gmail.com for access to the World Bible, and other pertinent documents that will help you flesh out the Paradisi Chronicles world in your story. We update these documents (adding new features to the world) regularly.
- Consider submitting your finished book for review to become part of the official Paradisi Chronicles canon. If your book is accepted, this would mean your work would be listed on the website, cross-promoted by the other authors, and you would be permitted to use the official banner on the cover.
- If you are interested submitting your work for review, please contact Louisa Locke at mlouisalocke at gmail.com for details.
- The Work should be based on the elements (places, technology, timelines, events, world narrative and, in some cases, characters) of the Paradisi Chronicles as described in the World Bible and Explore the Universe.
- It is the author’s responsibility to make sure that their content doesn’t violate laws, copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other rights. For example, this means you should not include elements of any copyright-protected book, movie, or other property outside of the elements of the Paradisi Chronicles in your work. It also means that you should not use any of the main characters, as listed in the World Bible, created by another author writing in the Paradisi Chronicles universe without asking that author’s permission.
- The Work should reach a competent standard of professional writing, formatting, and cover design.
- The Work cannot have pornography or offensive depictions of graphic sexual acts; nor can it include offensive content such as racial, sexual, or ethnic slurs; excessively graphic or violent material; or excessive use of foul language. However, sex between characters is perfectly acceptable, as is the inclusion of homosexuality and/or other alien or gender identities.